Sutherland is known for opening doors and starting careers. One initiative that has contributed tremendously to this is our outstanding REFER program. Through this program, employees are afforded the opportunity to refer family and friends who they deem capable of contributing to our dynamic team environment.
1. How did you react when you found out you were a Refer Champion?
I’m really surprised to became a Refer Champion, as I only referred a few people. This is what I call to be lucky.
2. What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I used to refer all the people that asked me to (friends and acquaintances). I leave the judgment to our recruitment team.
3. How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I try to follow up with the candidate, whenever I can. I advise them to be confident and they will succeed.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
I love my team. For the past year and a half they have become more like a family to me and we spend a lot of time together even outside working hours. Other than that – I believe that the company has a lot to offer in terms of working environment, training and development and career opportunities.
5. What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
Not sure if honestly. I don’t generally consider myself unique. What I think others appreciate is that I am responsible and people can count on me.
6. What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
Not to take things personally. Even though I am still working on this (I tend to react too emotionally sometimes).
7. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I really enjoy to do sports and to be part of the Sutherland’s football team.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would like to be a bird and fly in the sky. That would be an incomparable experience.