Sutherland is known for opening doors and starting careers. One initiative that has contributed tremendously to this is our outstanding REFER program. Through this program, employees are afforded the opportunity to refer family and friends who they deem capable of contributing to our dynamic team environment.
1. How did you react when you found out you were a Refer Champion?
Actually I was quite surprised as I have only referred a few people. Obviously, it is not only the quantity that counts.
2. What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I refer all the people that asked me to (usually friends and acquaintances, that know I work for Sutherland). I leave the judgment to our recruitment team.
3. How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I try to follow up with the candidate, whenever I can. I am not very strict about that though; I hope that the candidates are serious enough to do whatever is required.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
Honestly, I love my team. For the past seven years they have become more like a family to me and we spend a lot of time together even outside working hours. Other than that – I believe that the company has a lot to offer in terms of working environment, training and development, career opportunities.
5. What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
Not sure if honestly. I don’t generally consider myself unique. What I think others appreciate is that I am responsible and people can count on me.
6. What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
Not to take things personally. Even though I am still working on this (I tend to react too emotionally sometimes).