Sutherland is seeking a motivated and passionate person to join us as Senior Data DevOps Engineer. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Our client is a Cyber Security company, which creates Enterprise products to protect global enterprises and internet platforms from digital fraud and abuse. Product portfolio keeps the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime; accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web’s largest and most forward-thinking companies.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the primary organs and arteries of client’s security solutions. The team’s mission is to consistently deliver a world-class data platform that enables security researchers, threat intel analysts, and data scientists to detect malicious non-human activity quickly and reliably. You will be solving a wide range of problems from finding more efficient ways to research sophisticated botnets to delivering only the most critical and impactful insights to the customers as fast as possible so they can act.
- Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Maintain reliable, scalable systems and applications to process our current and expected future loads
- Own and contribute towards end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with end-to-end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Planning, installing, and deploying highly available solutions on public cloud
- Develop the automation tools for deployment, patch updates and disaster recovery
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
- Be a primary person to handle P0/P1 incidents reported in production and staging landscape
- Work with development teams across multiple organizations to drive automation, establish software standards, service modularity, testing standards, and deployment/management
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes, and workflows
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Advocate for improving our build and release toolchain.
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration, and code.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Write effective documentation
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of the cloud services
- On-call support in cases of issues on production environment
- Take ownership and resolve the issues related to production environment within expected SLA time frames
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Participate in building a unique culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration, and doing the best work of your career
- Work with a team of uniquely talented engineers who love to learn, experiment, and push the limits of modern technology
- You have 6+ years of software engineering experience out of which at least 4+ in DevOps and Operations
- You have Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- You can develop software in Golang, understanding both the theoretical concepts of the language as well as how to write well-documented well-tested code
- You have Excellent understanding of Python, Java, and SQL
- You have experience in Configuration management
- You have working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services and awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- You have experience automating the deployment of distributed software to cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP (which likely also means you know some combination of Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Terraform)
- You have demonstrated the ability to design processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workflow management.
- You have ability to benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- You have experience actively contributing to a project on a team of 3 or more people and ability to work with cross functional teams
- You can provide updates on the scope and state of work, proactively identify issues that you are facing, and learn to anticipate roadblocks that may arise
- You find time to improve some aspect of a codebase or process through writing small utilities or integrating an open-source tool
The following skills are not required, but would be considered as an advantage:
- Experience with some of these database technologies like Snowflake, Redis, VoltDB, MongoDB, Postgres.
- Experience with the Java framework, Spring
- Advanced SQL knowledge and working familiarity with a variety of SQL and No-SQL Databases.
WE WILL GIVE YOU:
- Fun and fast-paced Enterprise work environment
- Continuous learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Excellent social benefits package
- Promote-from-within advancement opportunities
- Employee recognition programs
- eam building and social activities, participation in voluntary work, charity causes, etc.
- Buddy system for new hires and relocation packages
- Great office locations
- Work from Home Flexibility