Sutherland is known for opening doors and starting careers. One initiative that has contributed tremendously to this is our outstanding REFER program. Through this program, employees are afforded the opportunity to refer family and friends who they deem capable of contributing to our dynamic team environment.
- How did you react when you found out you were a Refer Champion?
I was pleasantly surprised.
- What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I am looking for knowledgeable people who are able to work and collaborate with others flawlessly.
- How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I don’t have to ensure that. I refer people who are close friends of mine and whom I trust. I know they are responsible adults who can complete their goals successfully.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
The work environment is very friendly, yet professional.
- What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
I believe I am funny enough to bring smile on my friends’ faces as well as serious enough so they can also count on me any time.
- What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
“Work smart, not hard.” A manager of mine once told me this. It is definitely applicable for most of the aspects in life. Work is one of them.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I like to travel. It’s a cliche but I like going to the mountains or to the seaside. I like oblivious places that make you feel small.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would love to fly. It is kind of related to Question 7.